Thursday, September 2, 2010

Another Gorgeous Day in SF

Really... we were expecting 58 degrees... it felt 25 degrees hotter and the wind gods were being stingy... but who's complaining?

At least the SF Giants won the last game in the series against the Arizona Diamondbacks, currently the last-place team in the NL.

I'm quite certain that my girls are the team's lucky charms... but RJ will insist that "he" is - mostly because the Giants won all three games (one more than we've attended as a family) that he's gone to.

But I digress. We met the Hendersons for lunch at Primo Patio Cafe prior to the game and delighted in yummy Caribbean fare. Thereafter, we headed over to the ballpark and we each scored a Giants tote bag (the day's promotional giveaway) It's perfect for grocery shopping and I was thrilled! 

We hiked up to (and loved) our seats: front row, View Box level. We had an unobstructed view and enough room for the girls to move about freely. And while the kids munched on peanuts, pretzels and cotton candy, I was the happy baseball fan with my garlic fries and tall cold plastic glass of Hefeweizen.

It was actually an exciting game. The Giants took an early lead, lost it after the fifth inning, then rallied back after the seventh. Woo-hoo! 

After the last out on the top of the 9th concluded the game, we headed down to the field so Ella and Macie could run around the bases. It was a long trek from our seats to the other side of the stadium where the entrance was. By the time we got there, they were about to close the gates. We were literally the last ones they allowed inside. Ella had no problem running out into the field. Macie was a bit tentative, so her daddy (Michael) was allowed to go with her. Unbeknownst to us at that time, RJ had always secretly dreamed of running the bases at a Major League Baseball park and he thought he could run with his daughter. Alas, before he could put his backpack down, Ella had already rounded 2nd base and (as only kids were really allowed to be on the field) he was vehemently prevented from realizing his dream.


Poor guy. :( 

It's ok. I gave him the See's lollipop that the stadium staff gave to Lex.


On the way back to our car, we picked up some LFC (Louisiana Fried Chicken) for dinner. Yum! Ella passed out during the drive home, but Alexa was wide awake watching Mulan on her DVD player. After all, she took 4 innings worth of a nap and was very well-rested.


I remember when I used to be such an avid baseball fan. I would gather up all my guy friends (not too many of my girl friends were into baseball at that time) and we would go to as many baseball games as we could. I would get geared up and actually made signs to root for my favorite players (i.e., those I had crushes on). Would you believe that I actually have a substantial baseball card collection? Hmm,  I really miss those days. Having been to a couple of games this year, I am reminded that I really love baseball. I want to pass on my fondness for the game to my daughters. Perhaps it won't be as much of a feat as you might think. If you were at the game, you would have witnessed Alexa clapping her hands whenever the crowd cheered and Ella pumping her fist in the air while exclaiming, "Go Giants!" 

I think we're off to a good start, don't you? :)


Ella and Macie
Family pic
Ella, Macie and a disinterested Alexa

Here are some adorable pics of Lex:


Gotta be stylin',
Posing with the shades.
Taking a closer look.
Absolutely engrossed in the movie.


It's September and the 2010 baseball season is soon coming to its end. And considering the fact that the Giants are a long shot to take the Wild Card, we're not likely to attend any more games this year.


But there's always next year. :)

No comments: