Monday, September 6, 2010

Anticipating a Busy Week

We really enjoyed the three-day weekend. 

On Friday night, I had a date with Misty. A quick and yummy dinner at Casa Robles (Fremont) was followed by a complimentary comedy show (Ken Ludwig's Leading Ladies) at the Douglas Morrisson Theater in Hayward. Alas, as the saying goes, "There's no such thing as a free lunch." I had to work for the "free" show and turned in my glowing review to Tri-City Voice by noon on Saturday. 

We stayed home most of Saturday. In the late afternoon, we headed to San Jose because Ella and I were in dire need of haircuts. Afterward, we took the girls to Chuck E. Cheese for some well-deserved fun. 

Sunday morning was spent running a few errands, including a quick trip to the Farmer's Market (Newark) for strawberries and eggplants. Then we stayed a spell at Mi Pueblo (also in Newark) for some stuff to bbq the following day... today.

Today is Labor Day. It was nice to sleep in a bit, clean the house a bit, relax a bit, eat some tasty bbq ribs (more than a bit), and enjoy each other's company a bit.

It's back to the grind tomorrow. Ella starts up with her classes at Ballet Petit tomorrow evening. Then on Wednesday, my baby girl (though she's quick to correct me by saying she's a "big girl" now) officially starts preschool. We're all very excited. While I expect I'll be the one who will be suffering some "separation anxiety," I'm also certain that it will be quite a temporary condition as I plan to make the most of the three hours (thrice-weekly) with Alexa.

Stay tuned for updates later this week.

Good night!
-Emma/Coco


No comments: